This page provides information about the IRS Office Paterson location.
IRS Office Paterson – 200 Federal Plaza, Paterson, NJ 07505
The Paterson IRS Office is located in Robert A. Roe Federal Building. This building is located at the downtown of Paterson, and was intended to house federal and non-federal agencies when it was built. It is a six-story low rise office building complex. Important locations nearby are Consulate General of Peru, YMCA of Paterson NJ, Passaic County Family Courts, Superior Court – Annex Division, US Federal Probation etc. Representative Bill Pascrell Jr. and Social Security Administration are two major tenants on this Federal Building other than IRS.
East on Park Avenue: Head west on Park Avenue toward Summer Street. At the 2nd cross street, turn left onto Straight Street. After a quarter miles, turn right onto Federal Plaza/Ward Street. Finally, turn right and the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
West on Grand Street: Head northeast on Grand Street toward Perry Street. Take a left turn onto Prince Street, then continue straight. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
North on Passaic County 647: Head south on Straight Street toward Godwin Avenue. Take a right turn onto Federal Plaza/Ward Street. After a hundred feet, turn right and the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
South on Main Street: Head north on Main Street toward De Grasse Street. After quarter miles, turn right onto Federal Plaza/Ward Street. Then finally, turn left at Prince Street. The IRS Office will be on the left ahead.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (973) 653-2676
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Few parking spaces are provided with the building in a down-ramp. However, Paterson Parking Authority parking lot is located just next to this Federal Building where the visitors can park their vehicles.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments