This page provides information about the IRS Office Philadelphia location.
IRS Office Philadelphia – 600 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
The IRS Office at Philadelphia is located in the 10 story William J. Green Jr. Federal Building. Offices nearby are – US District Court, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Philadelphia History Museum, Philadelphia Legal Assistance, The Warehouse Apartments, Independence Visitor Center etc.
East on Arch Street: Head west on Arch Street toward North Mascher Street. The Federal Building will be on the left.
West on Race Street: Head east on Race Street toward North 13th Street. Continue straight and continue, then turn right onto North 6th Street. After a while, turn right onto Arch Street. The Federal Building will be on the left.
North on 6th Street: head south toward Noble Street and continue straight onto North 6th Street. Turn right onto Arch Street, the Federal Building will be on the left.
South on 5th Street: Head north on South 5th Street toward Cypress Street. Take either of the left 2 lanes to turn onto Arch Street.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (267) 941-6800
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Philadelphia IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
No public parking facility available on this office for the visitors. Metered parking streets are adjacent to this place, commercial parking lots are nearby as well.
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Security personnel would not allow entrance without a government issued ID, needed for identity verification and appointment validation.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)
3 thoughts on “IRS Office Philadelphia”
Does anyone know if the office helps with verifying your identity
They should be able to if you weren’t able to verify online or by phone. See here: https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-and-tax-return-verification-service
Hi, Please tell me, I have concerns about a tax resolution company….are they legit?