This page provides information about the IRS Office Pittsburgh location.
IRS Office Pittsburgh – 1000 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Other than IRS, the other federal offices located on the same building are – US Commercial Service Pittsburgh, US Customs Services, US Army Corps Engineers, Pittsburgh MEPS, US Treasury Department etc. Around the block, some establishment of importance are – US District Court Clerk, Drury Plaza Hotel Pittsburgh Downtown etc.
Northeast on Liberty Avenue: Head southwest on Liberty Avenue toward 16th Street and turn right to stay on Liberty Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Liberty Avenue: Head east on Liberty Avenue. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
North on Interstate 579: Head southeast on I-579 and use the right lane to take 7th Avenue exit toward Downtown. Stay right and continue on the same road. After a while, turn right onto William Penn Pl. At the first cross street ahead, turn right onto Liberty Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Southwest on Grant Street: Head northeast on Grant Street toward Boulevard of the Allies and turn left onto Seventh Avenue. Then, turn right onto William Penn Pl and make a final right turn at the 1st cross street onto Liberty Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (412) 395-5667
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No public parking facility provided for the visitors to this office. Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots are available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting this office by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments