This page provides information about the IRS Office Pocatello location.
IRS Office Pocatello – 275 S. 5th Avenue, Pocatello, ID 83201
The IRS Office at Pocatello city is located in a busy downtown location, surrounded by plenty other federal and non-federal offices, diners, beauty salons, shopping malls etc. Being a busy business area, the IRS Office here seem to be a little lively. The exact location is in-between the S 4th Avenue and S 5th Avenue, and E Lewis Street and E Bonneville Street. D.A. Davidson Wealth Management is the major tenant at this location as the signs are seen from quite afar. Some neighboring locations around few blocks are Juvenile Detention Center, Bannock County Motor Vehicle Office, Bannock County Courthouse, ANR Properties, Little Caesars Pizza, Tough Guy Bowling Lanes, ANR Properties, Tobacco Connection, Pocatello Fire Department, Caldwell Park, and United States Postal Service.
East on E Terry Street: Head west on E Terry Street toward Bartz Drive. Take a right turn onto Memorial Drive, then turn left onto E Carter Street. After driving for half a mile on this road, turn right onto S 5th Avenue. After one quarter mile, the IRS Office will be on the left.
Southwest on W Benton Street: Head northeast on W Benton Street toward S Arthur Avenue. Upon arrival at the 5th Avenue cross-street, turn left onto S 5th Avenue. One quarter mile later, the IRS Office will be on the left.
Northwest on Yellowstone Avenue: Head southeast on Yellowstone Avenue and continue driving onto Pocatello Avenue. Half a mile later, the road continues onto N 4th Avenue. Upon arrival at the E Benton Street cross-street, take a left turn. On the next cross-street, take another left turn onto S 5th Avenue. After one quarter mile, the IRS Office will be on the left.
Southeast on S 5th Avenue: Head northwest on S 5th Avenue toward Lawton Street. Pass-by the SUBWAY Restaurants, and after the E Bonneville Street cross-street the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (208) 236-6795
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this compound.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and some security screening processes. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments