This page provides information about the IRS Office Poughkeepsie location.
IRS Office Poughkeepsie – 191 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
IRS Office at Poughkeepsie is located along the Main Street. Nearby places include St Joseph’s Church, The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing, Freeway Insurance Services, Schatzi’s Pub, Cunneen-Hackett Arts Center etc.
East on East-West Arterial: Head northwest on East-West Arterial/Mill Street toward Conklin Street. Follow the East-West Arterial for a while, then turn right onto Main Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Church Street: Head east on Church Street/Mid-Hudson Bridge toward South Clover Street. Turn left onto Jefferson Street and turn right onto Union Street after a few hundred feet. Then, turn left onto South Bridge Street and after the first cross street, turn right onto Main Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on US 9: Head south on US 9 and take the left lane to NY-55 East/Church Street/US 44 E Ramp to Hyde Park. Merge onto US 9 North eventually and take the Main Street exit. Turn right onto Main Street where the destination will be on the left.
South on US 9: Head north on US 9 North. Take the Main Street exit and turn right onto Main Street. The destination will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Poughkeepsie IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
No public parking facility on premises. Visitors have to park on the metered parking streets nearby or use the commercial parking lots.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments