This page provides information about the IRS Office Poughkeepsie location.
IRS Office Poughkeepsie – 191 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
IRS Office at Poughkeepsie is located along the Main Street. Bounding places are St Joseph’s Church, The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing, Freeway Insurance Services, Schatzi’s Pub, Cunneen-Hackett Arts Center etc. Hudson River is pretty close, visitors might just catch a sight if they take the Mid-Hudson Bridge on their way to or from the IRS Office.
East on East-West Arterial: Head northwest on East-West Arterial/Mill Street toward Conklin Street. Follow the East-West Arterial for a while, then turn right onto Main Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Church Street: Head east on Church Street/Mid-Hudson Bridge toward South Clover Street. Turn left onto Jefferson Street and turn right onto Union Street after a few hundred feet. Then, turn left onto South Bridge Street and after the first cross street, turn right onto Main Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on US 9: Head south on US 9 and take the left lane to NY-55 East/Church Street/US 44 E Ramp to Hyde Park. Merge onto US 9 North eventually and take the Main Street exit. Turn right onto Main Street where the destination will be on the left.
South on US 9: Head north on US 9 North. Take the Main Street exit and turn right onto Main Street. The destination will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule. However, there’s a 1-hour lunch break during 1 pm – 2 pm.
Information: (845) 451-7101
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No public parking facility on premises. Visitors have to park on the metered parking streets nearby or use the commercial parking lots. Parking could be expensive in the area.
All public visitors need to pass through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
Public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments