This page provides information about the IRS Office Prestonsburg location.
IRS Office Prestonsburg – 311 N. Arnold Avenue, Prestonsburg, KY 41653
The IRS Office at Prestonsburg is located in the First Commonwealth Bank building at Arnold Avenue. There are some other tenants on this five story office building compound, the bank being the major tenant and IRS one of the major tenants. This building is located between N Arnold Avenue and the Levisa Fork. Nearby locations include federal and non-federal offices, libraries, restaurants, physicians’ chambers etc. Some of the notable locations nearby are the Supreme Court, Floyd County Health Department, Circuit Court Clerk, First Baptist Church, Prestonsburg Police Department, Prestonsburg District United, Floyd County Jail etc.
East on S Lake Drive: Head west on S lake Drive toward Richmond Cemetery Road. Check signs for W Court Street. Upon arrival, turn left onto W Court Street/Cr-2556. Then, turn right at the 1st cross-street onto N Arnold Avenue. The First Commonwealth Bank building will be on the left.
West on KY-114 E: Head east on KY-114E. Turn right onto N Lake Drive. Then, turn right at the 2nd cross-street onto W Court Street/Cr-2556. Shortly after, turn right at the 1st cross street onto N Arnold Avenue. The IRS Office (First Commonwealth Bank building) will be on the left.
North on KY-321: Head south on KY-3 S/KY-321 S toward Porter Lane. Then continue onto N Lake Drive for a quarter mile, then turn right on W Court Street/Cr-2556. Turn right at the 1st cross-street onto N Arnold Avenue. The First Commonwealth Bank building will be on the left.
South on US-23: Head northwest on US-23 N/US-460 W toward left Fork Katy Friend Branch. Then, use the right lane to take the Route 114 ramp to Lexington/Prestonsburg. Then, use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto KY-114E/Highway 114 East. Turn right onto N Lake Drive, then turn right at the 2nd cross-street onto W court Street/Cr-2556. Finally, turn right at the 1st cross-street onto N Arnold Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (606) 889-1590
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The First Commonwealth Bank building has on-premises parking facility around the perimeter.
All public visitors must go through several stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments