This page provides information about the IRS Office Providence location.
IRS Office Providence – 380 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
The Providence IRS Office is located in a Federal Building and US Courthouse located at the east end of Kennedy Plaza (formerly known as Exchange Place), in downtown Providence. The Federal Building is 6 stories long with brick façade.
East on Ship Street: Head west on Ship Street toward Richmond Street. At the first cross-street ahead, turn right onto Richmond Street. One quarter mile later, turn right onto Weybosset Street. Shortly later, turn left onto Mathewson Street. Finally, take a left turn onto Westminster Street and the IRS Office building will be on the left.
West on Broadway: Head east on Broadway toward Barclay Street. Then, Broadway turns right and becomes Empire Street, drive on that for a while before turning left onto Washington Street. 200 feet later, turn right onto Aborn Street. Shortly after, take a right turn onto Westminster Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Francis Street: Head south on Francis Street S toward Memorial Boulevard. Take a slight left turn onto Fountain Street/Francis, then turn right onto Worcester Street. Turn left onto Eddy Street, then a while later turn right onto Westminster Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Fenner Street: Head northeast on Broad Street toward Foster Street. Take a left turn onto Empire Street, then turn right onto Chapel Street. 300 feet later, turn right onto Chapel Street, then a left turn onto Snow Road. Finally, turn left onto Westminster Street after a while. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (401) 525-4282
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Providence IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment
This building has dedicated parking spots; however, they might not remain vacant. There is a commercial parking facility just within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to go through electronic security equipment and security screening procedures. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)