The IRS office at 173 E. 100 North Provo, UT 84606 is permanently closed. Taxpayers needing assistance can use virtual assistance services.
This page provides information about the IRS Office Provo Virtual Assistance facility.
IRS Office Provo Virtual Assistance – Appointment Only
The residents of Provo, Utah might receive taxpayers’ assistance services without visiting the brick & mortar IRS office, through the Virtual Assistance facility. The facility is provided by an employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. The experience is almost similar to talking face to face, except the IRS employee is sitting in a different location and communicating through a computer. Upon confirmed appointment a workstation at the IRS Virtual Assistance center would be booked. The taxpayer gets to sit at the designated workstation and speak with employee appearing on screen.
Tuesday & Thursday 9.30 am to 4.00 pm.
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides service by confirmed prior appointment only. All taxpayers’ must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail