This page provides information about the IRS Office Provo Virtual Assistance facility.
IRS Office Provo Virtual Assistance – Appointment Only
Taxpayers in Provo can receive virtual services through Virtual Assistance. The service is provided by an employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. The experience is similar to talking face to face, except the IRS employee is sitting in a different location and communicating through a computer. Upon confirmed appointment a workstation at the IRS Virtual Assistance center would be booked. The taxpayer will sit at the designated workstation and speak virtually with an IRS employee.
Tuesday & Thursday 9.30 am to 4.00 pm.
This office provides service by confirmed prior appointment only. All taxpayers must make an appointment by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail