This page provides information about the IRS Office Reading location.
IRS Office Reading – 201 Penn Street, Reading, PA 19601
Reading IRS Office is located in a three story office complex. The cross-street of Penn Street and 2nd Street is an easier location to find. Major tenants on this office complex other than IRS are Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Gateway Building, Entech Engineering, Inc. and Social Security Administration. Nearby important locations are Reading Area Community College, Bravo Supermarkets, Miller Center for the Arts, Yocum Library etc.
East on Penn Street: Head west on Penn Street toward North 9th Street. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
West on Penn Avenue: Head east on Penn Avenue toward North 7th Avenue. Continue straight onto Penn Street and the IRS Office building will be on the left.
North on 4th Street: Head south on North 4th Street toward Green Terrace. Turn right onto Washington Street and use the left lane to turn left onto North 2nd Street. Turn left onto Penn Street, the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
South on Bingaman Street: Head northeast toward South 4th Street. Bingaman Street becomes Laurel Street by turning right, continue on this road. Then, turn left onto South 5th Street and then make another left turn onto Pine Street. Continue straight for a while on Pine Street, then turn right onto South 3rd Street. After a few hundred feet, turn left onto Penn Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break from 1 pm to 2 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (610) 320-5154
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No free parking available at this place. Commercial parking garages are available at 3rd Street and Washington Street and behind the office building. Metered parking streets are nearby as well.
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments