This page provides information about the IRS Office Richmond location.
IRS Office Richmond – 400 N. Eighth Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Richmond IRS Office is located in a Federal Building in downtown Richmond. This building was built in 1961. Home size and lot size of this property are 8.39 acres and 2.13 acres respectively. Some of the nearby business and federal locations are Virginia Department of Medical Assistance, Virginia Premier Health, Circuit Court-Marriage License, US Bankruptcy Court, Richmond Coliseum etc. Partners Financial FCU is one major tenant located on this building.
East on I-64: Head northwest on I-64. Use the middle lane to take exit 190 for 5th Street toward Downtown. Then, continue onto N 5th Street for a while then turn left onto Jackson Street. Take a right turn onto North 8th Street and after a while the IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Downtown Expressway: Head southwest on VA-195. Take the 7th Street Exit toward 9th Street/US-60. Keep right at the fork and merge onto East Byrd Street. Half a mile later, take a left turn onto South 9th Street. After a few hundred feet, turn left onto Clay Street. Take a left turn onto North 8th Street; the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
North on Chamberlayne Avenue: Take Chamberlayne Avenue to North 3rd Street and continue for a while, then take the 3rd exit from I-64. After a while, take E Leigh Street to 8th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on I-95: Head north on I-95. Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 74C to merge onto US-250W/E Broad Street toward US-33. After a while, take a right turn onto 9th Street. Then turn left onto Clay Street and another left turn onto North 8th Street afterwards. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (804) 916-8700
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not provide any on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this place. Metered parking streets are nearby and there are parking lots/garages near the coliseum.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability).