This page provides information about the IRS Office Roanoke location.
IRS Office Roanoke – 210 1st Street SW, Roanoke, VA 24011
Located in the busy downtown, the IRS Office at Roanoke is surrounded by lots of federal and non-federal offices. The office is located in a US Courthouse Building. Some of the nearby locations are Freedom First Credit Union, The Spot on Kirk, History Museum of Western Virginia and Federal Bureau of Investigation etc. Major tenants on this property other than IRS are Johnson Ayers & Matthews and US Railroad Retirement Board.
East on Campbell Avenue SE: Head west on Campbell Avenue SE toward 8th Street SE. Take a left turn onto 1st Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Campbell Avenue SW: Head east on Campbell Avenue SW toward 6th Street SW. Take a right turn onto 1st Street SW; the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
North on Gainsboro Road NW: Head south on Gainsboro Road NW/Peach Road NW toward Celtic Way NW. Continue following this road for a while then continue onto 2nd Street SW. After a while, turn left onto Campbell Avenue SW. Shortly afterwards, turn right at the 1st cross street onto 1st Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Walnut Avenue SW: Head north on Franklin Road toward Albermarle Avenue SW. Take a left turn onto 2nd Street, then shortly afterwards turn right onto Campbell Avenue SW. Finally, turn right at the 1st cross street onto 1st Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one hour lunch break at noon, from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (540) 767-7410
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not offer on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this complex. However, the building is surrounded by street parking (metered/non-metered) and commercial parking lots are just within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments