This page provides information about the IRS Office Rochester location.
IRS Office Rochester – 255 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14604.
At the East Avenue area, Rochester IRS Office is located exactly opposite to The Little Theatre and Arena’s Inc. Zagster Bike Station is located on premises, bringing the bicycle instead of a motor vehicle could be a very wise decision to avoid traffic and parking hassle.
East on East Avenue: Head west on East Avenue toward Alexander Street. Follow the signs for the IRS Office, it will be on the left.
West on East Main Street and East Avenue: Head east on East Main Street toward South Clinton Avenue/Clinton Square. Make a right turn onto East Avenue where the destination will be on the right.
North on North Chestnut Street: Head south on North Chestnut Street toward Pleasant Street. Turn left onto East Avenue, the destination will be on the right.
South on South Union Street: Head northwest on Monroe Avenue toward South Union Street. Turn right at the first cross street onto South Union Street and continue straight to stay on the same. After a while, turn left onto East Avenue where the destination will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (585) 269-7307
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Metered parking streets are available within walking distance. There are commercial parking lots price ranging between $1 and $8 per hour.
All public visitors need to pass through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)