This page provides information about Rutland Virtual Assistance.
IRS Office Rutland Virtual Assistance – By Appointment Only
A taxpayer might receive taxpayers’ assistance service initiated by IRS by an IRS employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. The experience is almost similar to talking face to face, except the IRS employee is sitting in a different location and communicating through a computer setup. Upon confirmed appointment, the taxpayer would be assigned a workstation. On the pre-confirmed day, the taxpayer simply sits at the assigned workstation and speak with the IRS employee appearing on screen.
Monday and Friday from 1 pm to 4 pm. This office might follow the federal holiday schedule.
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office serves on an appointment-only basis. All potential visitors must take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Tax Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail