This page provides information about the IRS Office Salem location.
IRS Office Salem – 1660 Oak Street S.E. Salem, OR 97301
East on State Street: Head west on State Street toward Airport Road SE. Turn left onto 17th Street SE, half a mile later turn right onto Oak Street SE. Make a left turn onto 16th Street SE. The IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Mission Street: Head east on Mission Street SE toward Church Street SE. Take the left lane to turn left onto 17th Street SE. Then, turn left again at the 1st cross-street onto Oak Street SE. Some hundred feet later, turn left onto 16th Street SE. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on 17th Street SE: Head south on 17th Street NE toward Center Street NE. Turn right onto Oak Street SE, 200 feet later turn left onto 16th Street SE. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on 13th Street SE: Head north on 13th Street SE toward Rural Avenue SE. On the way, take the right lane to take the OR-99E ramp to Interstate 5/OR-22/Airport Fairview. Merge onto Mission Street SE. Then take the left lane to turn left onto 17th Street SE. Take another left turn onto Oak Street SE, and a final left turn onto 16th Street SE. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch noon – 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Salem IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office has on-premises parking facility for the visitors to this office.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
5 thoughts on “IRS Office Salem”
Excellent and professional.