This page provides information about the IRS Office Salt Lake City location.
IRS Office Salt Lake City – 178 S Rio Grande St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
The IRS Office at Salt Lake City is located in the downtown area, in an office building called the Five Gateway. Five Gateway is a 4-story, 63,000 SF office building located at The Gateway, a large redevelopment project located in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
West on 200 S: Take a right on S. Rio Grande St. The IRS office is to the left.
West on 100 S: Take a left on S. Rio Grande St. The IRS office is to the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (801) 799-6963
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Salt Lake City IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
The Social Hall Building has underground parking facility. There are metered street parking and commercial parking lots/garages within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments