This page provides information about the IRS Office Salt Lake City location.
IRS Office Salt Lake City – 50 S. 200 East Salt Lake City, UT 84111
The IRS Office at Salt Lake City is located in the downtown area, in an office building called the Social Hall Plaza. It is a 7 story low rise office building that adopted the Modernism architectural style, and the construction completed in 1996. When the construction of the Social Hall Plaza began, the estimated cost was calculated to be $15 million. The Social Hall Plaza is a fairly large building and there are a good number of offices. IRS is the major tenant and Federal Credit Union is among the other important tenants. Nearby important locations are Social Hall Heritage Museum, Deseret Mutual Benefit Administrators, United States Postal Service, Episcopal Diocese of Utah, Utah First Credit Union, Larkin Mortuary, Wallace F. Bennett Federal Building, Eagle Gate and All is Well Monument.
East on S temple: Head east on S Temple toward S 1200 East. The S 200 E/Rosa Parks Boulevard will be on the left, upon arrival turn left onto this road. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on North Temple: Head east on N Temple toward 1000 W. Using the middle lane, turn right onto N State Street. At the 1st cross-street ahead, turn left onto S Temple. Then, turn right onto S 200 E/Rosa Parks Boulevard. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on US-89: Head south on US-300W/3rd W toward 600N. Turn left onto W N Temple Street. Using the middle lane, turn right onto N State Street. Then turn left at the 1st cross-street onto S Temple. Quarter miles later, turn right onto S 200 E/Rosa Parks Boulevard. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on S State Street: Head north on S State Street toward E 700 S. Continue straight to stay on S State Street. Half a mile later, turn right onto 100 S. Little while later, turn left at the 1st cross-street onto S 200 E/Rosa Parks Boulevard. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (801) 799-6963
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The Social Hall Building has underground parking facility. There are metered street parking and commercial parking lots/garages within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments