***The IRS has temporarily closed all Taxpayer Assistance Centers and discontinued face-to-face service throughout the country until further notice. The IRS is continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible. ***
This page provides information about the IRS office San Antonio location.
IRS Office San Antonio – 8626 Tesoro Dr, San Antonio, TX 78217
This IRS office is located in the Petroleum Towers in San Antonio, TX. The building is an 8 story office building built in 1978.
The Petroleum Towers are situated near the San Antonio International Airport just off Loop 410.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
*subject to federal holiday schedule
Phone: (210) 841-2090
Abundant free parking is available.
Since this is a commercial building, there might not be security as with IRS offices located inside federal buildings.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the San Antonio IRS office, call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Tax forms (based on availability)