This page provides information about the IRS Office San Diego Location
IRS Office San Diego – 880 Front Street, San Diego, CA 92101
The IRS office at San Diego is surrounded by a few museums, posh hotels, great eateries few schools as well. If you are casually visiting the IRS office you may consider saving some time for Museum of Contemporary Art, The New Children’s Museum, and USS Midway Museum to name a few. San Diego IRS Office is located at Edward J. Schwartz Federal Office, built in 1975 and awarded with an Energy Star Label for Buildings. U.S. District Court, U.S. Attorneys, Office of Senator Dianne Feinstein are among some of the important tenants.
East on Interstate 5: While keeping towards west, merge onto I-5 interstate. Take the 16B exit towards 6th Avenue downtown and keep left at the fork for merging onto Sixth Avenue. Then, take the right towards Ash Street and the two lanes on the left lead towards Front Street.
West on Interstate 5: Head southwest on Interstate 5 and look out for Exit 17 which leads towards the Front Street. Once you take Exit 17, continue until you reach Front Street. The IRS office is located between West Broadway and West F Street.
North on Interstate 5, Cabrillo Freeway: Take CA-163 and head South then take the exit 1B for Interstate 5 and follow the signs to locate the left towards 4th Avenue. Turn left onto 4th avenue and turn right at 3rd cross-street onto Ash Street. The left two lanes lead towards Front Street.
South on Interstate 5, John J. Montgomery Freeway: Head north as you continue on I-5 and take exit 16B for 6th Avenue towards Downtown. Merge onto Sixth Avenue then turn right onto Ash Street. Take the right 2 lanes to reach Front Street.
Monday through Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. local time. Federal holiday schedules are followed.
Office Information: (619) 321-5950
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No free parking is offered on-spot for general visitors. However, metered parking street(s) are available nearby at a walking distance. Commercial parking is expensive, pricing ranging between $5 and $30 on average.
Public visitors are required to walk through modern electronic security equipment, e.g. metal detectors and archways. ADA access is available at the main entrance to the building.
This IRS location requires visitors to take prior appointments by calling the contact number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)