This page provides information about the IRS office San Jose location.
IRS Office San Jose – 55 S. Market Street, Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95113
The IRS office at San Jose is located nearby a park named Plaza de César Chávez where a visitor could relax after a busy day of filing taxes and all that. Also, few museums and eateries are located nearby. San Jose Museum of Art and The Tech Museum of Innovation are popular among the others. The address is a commercial location. Wells Fargo Advisors, Energy Group Networks are two of many tenants that share the building.
East on Interstate 280: Stay on the Bayshore Freeway. Take the 3A exit onto West Santa Clara Street and continue for 3 miles. Then, take the Post Street towards South Market Street.
West on Interstate 280: Stay on Joseph P. Sinclair Freeway. Head towards West Santa Clara Street by taking exit 3A or CA-87 highway exit or the Guadalupe Parkway exit and continue for 3.5 miles. Then take the West Santa Clara Street for half a mile then take the Post Street onto South Market Street.
North on CA-87: On the California State Route 87, head southwest and after a mile, take the 6B exit onto West Julian Street toward St James Street. Take the middle lane and make a left turn onto West Julian Street then Continue onto West St James Street, then again turn right onto North Market Street. The IRS building should be located on the right.
South on CA-87: On the Guadalupe Freeway, head northwest and after a mile, take the right lane to exit 6 for Santa Clara Street or Julian Street toward San Carlos Street or Auzerais Avenue or California State Route 82. Turn right onto Woz Way and continue onto Balbach Street. After half a mile, turn left onto South Market Street.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Federal holiday schedule is followed.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
No on-spot parking is provided to visitors. Parking can be expensive in the area, however the nearest parking facility is VTA Michelle which charges $1/20 mins.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.