This page provides information about the IRS Office San Marcos location.
IRS Office San Marcos – 1 Civic Center Drive, San Marcos, CA 92069
Civic Center, where the IRS Office in San Marcos is located is a quite large commercial place. Apart from the Internal Revenue Service office, the major tenants are San Marcos Veterans Center, Energy Inspectors, Kimball Denton L OD, Kline Kelly etc. The nearest rail station is San Marcos Civic Center Station.
East on CA-78: Head west on Ronal Packard Parkway and take exit 13 for Twin Oaks Valley Road. Take the right turn onto North Twin Oaks Valley Road and then turn right onto East San Marcos Boulevard. Turn right onto Civic Center Drive.
West on CA-78: Head southeast on Ronal Packard Parkway and take the exit 13 for Twin Oaks Valley Road. Turn right onto East San Marcos Boulevard and after a while, turn right onto Civic Center Drive.
North on Interstate-15: Head southeast on Interstate 15 and take exit 32 to merge onto CA-78 toward Oceanside. Take the right lane to take exit 13 for Twin Oaks Valley Road. Turn right onto North Twin Oaks Valley Road. Turn right onto East San Marcos Boulevard, then turn right again onto Civic Center Drive.
South on Interstate 15: Head northwest on Interstate 15. Take the exit 32 to merge onto CA-78. Afterwards, take exit 13 for Twin Oaks Valley Road. After continuing for a quarter mile, turn right onto North Twin Oaks Valley Road. Make one right turn onto East San Marcos Boulevard and another onto Civic Center Drive.
Monday through Friday 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Four-storied parking available on-site. The first level is limited to two hour only, the rest are available all day.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.