This page provides information about the IRS Office Santa Rosa location
IRS Office Santa Rosa – 777 Sonoma Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.
IRS Office at Santa Rosa is located on the John F. Shea Federal Building. It is situated at Sonoma Avenue, between E and D streets. This Federal Building is one of the first among nine federal sites to have solar panels installed. 15 percent of the total energy consumed is now produced by the installed solar panels. This building features a public art named Cloud Series IV which was installed in March 1978. Apart from important government offices, this building is also historically important.
East on Sonoma Avenue: Head west on Sonoma Avenue toward Hahman Drive. The destination will be on the right side of this road.
West on CA-12: Head west on Burbank Memorial Highway and take the exit 7B toward Southeast Street toward Downtown. Merge onto Bennett Valley Road and turn left onto E Street after a while. Then, make a left onto Sonoma Avenue. The destination will be on the right.
North on US-101: Head southeast on Redwood Highway and take exit 488B to merge onto CA-12 toward Sonoma. Take the middle lane onto exit 7B for Southeast Street toward Downtown. Merge left onto Bennett Valley road, turn left onto E Street and again onto Sonoma Avenue.
South on US-101: Head north on Redwood highway and take the right lane to take exit 488B to merge onto CA-12 toward Sonoma. Take the exit 7B toward downtown and merge left onto Bennett Valley Road. Turn left onto E Street, and again onto Sonoma Avenue.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
There’s no public parking spot available on this Federal Building. However, metered street parking is available nearby and one commercial parking lot is available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
Public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.