This page provides information about the IRS Office Scranton location.
IRS Office Scranton – 409 Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503
Scranton IRS Office is located in quite a busy location of the city. The three story office building houses many other offices than the IRS. The building is fairly new and still a lot of empty office slots are to be filled. Around the block there are three important banks – Wells Fargo Bank, Citizens Savings Bank and FNCB Bank. Other locations are Lackawanna County Clerk of Courts Civil Division, Lackawanna Probation Office, United States Postal Service, and Scranton Police Department etc.
East on Jefferson Avenue: Head southwest on Jefferson Avenue toward Madison Avenue and continue straight to stay on Jefferson Avenue. This road turns slightly right and becomes Lackawanna Avenue, the IRS Office complex will be on the right.
West on Broadway Street: Head southeast on Broadway Street toward 4th Avenue and continue onto Hickory Street. Make a left turn onto South Washington Avenue, then turn left onto Lackawanna Avenue. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
North on Mulberry Street: Head south on Mulberry Street toward Franklin Avenue. Turn right onto Wyoming Avenue and then immediate a left turn onto Lackawanna Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Washington Avenue: Head northeast on South Washington Avenue toward Hickory Street, then turn left onto Lackawanna Street. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break during noon from 12 pm to 1 pm (July 26th – December 31st). This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (570) 961-2493
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No free parking facility is provided at this location. Visitors can park their vehicles in the adjacent metered parking streets, or in the commercial parking lots and garages nearby.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments