This page provides information about the IRS Office Sioux City location.
IRS Office Sioux City – 3539 Southern Hills Drive, Sioux City, IA 51106
The IRS Office at Sioux City is located in the Morningside/Southern Hills area.
East on US-20: Head west on US-20 W and use the right lane to merge onto US-75S via the ramp to I-29. Leave the highway through exit 1 toward Lakeport Road. Quarter miles later, turn right onto S Lakeport Street, then turn left onto Sergeant Road. Half a mile later, turn left onto Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Interstate 129: Head east on I-129E and enter Iowa. Continue onto US-20E/US-75N. Exit the highway through exit 1 toward Lakeport Road. Then turn right onto S Lakeport Street and follow the signs for Southern Hills Drive. Shortly afterward, turn right onto Southern Hills Drive. Half a mile later, turn left to stay on Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Bushnell Avenue: Head south on S Lakeport Street toward Applewood Avenue. Upon arrival, turn right onto Sergeant Road. Half a mile later, turn left onto Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Old Lakeport Road: Head north on Old Lakeport Road. Continue onto S Lakeport Street for almost a mile, then turn left onto Southern Hills Drive. Half a mile later, turn left to stay on Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
There is an on-premises public parking lot for visitors to this office.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments