This page provides information about the IRS Office Sioux City location.
IRS Office Sioux City – 3539 Southern Hills Drive, Sioux City, IA 51106
The IRS Office at Sioux City is located in the Southern Hills Drive area. It is a ‘Class A’ office building compound, decorated with brick and glass. This building has space for individual offices, conference room, waiting area, kitchens and more amenities listed in tenants’ manifest. With recent renovations, this building now has all high-end finishes all around. The building was built on 1988. Total floor area in this building is 1,225 square feet. Other than IRS, other tenants at this compound are Edward Jones – Financial Advisor: Thomas R Targonski, Jeremy Brodersen OD, and Natural Resources Conservation. Some of the nearby offices and businesses are Social Security Administration, Four Season’s Health Club, Vietnamese Christian Reformed Church, All State, JC Penney, Prestwick Apartments, and Apple Tree Preschool & Learning Center etc.
East on US-20: Head west on US-20 W and use the right lane to merge onto US-75S via the ramp to I-29. Leave the highway through exit 1 toward Lakeport Road. Quarter miles later, turn right onto S Lakeport Street, then turn left onto Sergeant Road. Half a mile later, turn left onto Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Interstate 129: Head east on I-129E and enter Iowa. Continue onto US-20E/US-75N. Exit the highway through exit 1 toward Lakeport Road. Then turn right onto S Lakeport Street and follow the signs for Southern Hills Drive. Shortly afterward, turn right onto Southern Hills Drive. Half a mile later, turn left to stay on Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Bushnell Avenue: Head south on S Lakeport Street toward Applewood Avenue. Upon arrival, turn right onto Sergeant Road. Half a mile later, turn left onto Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Old Lakeport Road: Head north on Old Lakeport Road. Continue onto S Lakeport Street for almost a mile, then turn left onto Southern Hills Drive. Half a mile later, turn left to stay on Southern Hills Drive. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (712) 274-8019
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
There is on-premises public parking lot for the tenants and visitors to this office.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments