This page provides information about the IRS Office Sophia location.
IRS Office Sophia – 420 Riffe Street, Sophia, WV 25921
The IRS Office Sophia is located far apart from the download location, it is located by the Riffe Street, close to the Jessup Hollow Road junction. There are woods around the office location, not many of any other business locations nearby. This IRS Office is actually fully functional despite being located in a ‘deserted’ place. Considering the Sophia city is small itself, there’s nothing much to complain about the Sophia IRS office’s location. Nearby business locations are United Bank, Go Mart, SGS North America, United States Postal Service, Sophia Fire Department, Sophia Branch Library, Raleigh County Public Services District etc. Using a private transportation is the best method to get to this office.
East on Jessup Hollow Road: Head west on Jessup Hollow Road toward Randall lane. Drive until the Riffe Street arrives, take a right turn onto this road then. After a while, the IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Main Street: Head east on W Main Street toward Scout Street. Continue straight onto E Main Street for a while, then upon arrival turn left onto Riffe Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Northeast on Robert C Byrd Drive: Head southwest on this road, and keep left at the fork as it comes ahead. Keep eyes on the overhead signs for WV-16 S/Sophia and take this road, then continue onto WV-16S/Robert C Byrd Drive. Half a mile later, the road should hit Riffe Street. Turn left onto Riffe Street and after a while, the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (681) 222-6245
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the employees and visitors to this place.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening processes. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments