This page provides information about the IRS Office South Bend location.
IRS Office South Bend – 100 E Wayne Street, South Bend, IN 46601
The IRS Office at South Bend is located in a 5 story office building known as the One Michiana Square. This building was closed off few years ago (2012), then purchased by a local group called Wayne Street Associates LLC. A planned renovation of approximate $7 million budget is underway. The building was originally built in 1985. Apart from IRS, there are approximately 15 other tenants in this office building. Some of the nearby locations are St. Joseph County Public Library, Sanctuary at Trinity Tower, United States Postal Service, United States Bankruptcy Court Northern District, New City Presbyterian Church, Notre Dame FCU, and KeyBank etc.
East on Colfax Avenue: Head west on E Colfax Avenue toward N Nile Avenue. Turn left onto Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/N Street Joseph Street and continue straight. Then, turn right onto E Wayne Street. The IRS Office compound will be on the left.
West on Western Avenue: Head east on W Western Avenue toward S Scott Street. Turn left onto S William Street, then take a right turn onto W Wayne Street. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
North on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard: Head south toward W Lasalle Avenue. Continue straight onto Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/S St Joseph Street. Turn right onto E Wayne Street. The IRS Office compound will be on the left.
South on S Michigan Street: Head north on S Michigan Street toward W South Street. Continue onto Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/S St Joseph Street. Finally turn left onto E Wayne Street. The IRS Office compound will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (574) 401-6656
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This building has a parking lot to the southwest corner. In case all the spaces are taken up, visitor could use the street parking spots or the parking lot adjacent to the Faith Hope Charity Chapel opposite to the One Michiana Square building.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments