This page provides information about the IRS Office South Portland location.
IRS Office South Portland – 220 Maine Mall Road, South Portland, ME 04106
The IRS Office at South Portland is quite small, it is located in a shopping mall compound with plenty other different shops. Certainly not an office zone, however, the IRS Office seems to be quite a functional one. The stores/chambers and offices this compound houses are Petco, Party City, Dick’s, Maine Gold & Silver, Selby Shoes Etc. Catherines Plus Sizes, Hunt’s, Imperial China, Mister Bagel, Halloween City, Ginn Real Estate, Lady Grace, and Friendly’s Drive Thru. A good number of other business locations are nearby, e.g. Berlin City Auto Group, Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, Holiday Inn Express & Suites South Portland, DSW Designer Shoe Wardrobe, Toys “R” Us, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Portland etc. The Portland International Airport is within a 10 minutes driving radius.
East on Gorham Road: Head west on Gorham Road toward Clarks Pond Parkway and pass by the Burger King on this way. At Main Mall Road, take a right turn and the IRS Office compound should be reached.
West on Running Hill Road: Head southeast on Running Hill Road toward New Road. Continue driving until Maine Mall Road, then take a left turn onto Maine Mall Road. The IRS Office compound will be on the right after a while.
North on I-95S: Head south on I-95S and leave the Interstate using exit 46 toward Maine Me 22/Maine Me 9/Jetport/Congress Street. Please note, this road has toll booths. However, after driving for a while, take a right turn onto Skyway Drive. Half a mile later, turn right onto Johnson Road and another half a mile later, take a right turn onto Maine Mall Road. Pass by Friendly’s and immediately turn left for the IRS Office compound.
South on I-95N: Head northeast on I-95N and leave the Interstate using exit 45 toward US-1/ME-114/Maine Mall Road/Payne Road. Continue onto Maine Turnpike Approach, then take the Maine Mall road exit toward ME-114/Jetport. Please note, this entire aforementioned route has toll. However, then take a right turn onto Maine Mall Road. Pass by Chili’s Grill & Bar on the left and after a while, take a right turn onto the IRS Office compound.
Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (207) 879-4683
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This IRS Office compound provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening procedures. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments