This page provides information about the IRS Office Springfield MO location.
IRS Office Springfield – 2937 S. Claremont Avenue, Building A, Springfield, MO 65804
The IRS Office at Springfield is a smaller one, a few minutes’ drive from the center of the city. The location is close to West Branch Galloway Creek, in between the S Lone Pine Avenue and Schoolcraft Freeway. There are good diners just around the corner of S Claremont Avenue and E Battlefield Road like Pizza Hut, Metropolitan Grill, The Big Island Grill and Great American Taco Company. Some notable businesses and locations nearby are Pearson professional Center, Bear State Bank, Second Baptist Church, The UPS Store, and Office of Representative Billy Long etc.
East on Battlefield Road: Head west on E Battlefield Road towad S Ingram Mill Road. Take a right turn onto S Claremont Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Battlefield Road: Head east on E Battlefield Road toward S lone Pine Avenue. Take a left turn onto S Claremont Avenue. Continue for a while then the IRS Office will be on the left.
North on US-65 Highway: Head south on US-65S and exit through Battlefield Road Exit. Keep right at the fork and merge onto E Battlefield Road and continue for half a mile. Take a right turn onto S Claremont Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on US-65N: Head north on US-65N and exit through Battlefield Road exit. Keep left at the fork to continue toward E Battlefield Road. Turn left onto E Battlefield Road and continue for half a mile, then turn right onto S Claremont Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises parking facility for the visitors to this office.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be required to confirm identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments