This page provides information about the IRS Office St. Louis location.
IRS Office St. Louis – 1222 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63103
The IRS Office at St. Louis is located in Robert A. Young Federal Building, often known as the RAY Building. This building is 20 stories long and houses a good number of federal agency offices. The building was initially built in 1931 as a warehouse unless it was acquired by the government in 1941. The RAY Building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. USCIS St. Louis, Rainbow Castle, Gateway Metro Federal CU-RAY Building Branch, First Stop Shop are some of the many tenants in this federal building. The building is located right next to the St. Louis City Center. St. Louis Station is located nearby.
East on Interstate 64: Head northwest on I-64W and exit through 40A toward Stadium/Tucker Boulevard. Turn left onto Clark Avenue/Historic US 66 East and continue for a quarter mile, then turn left onto S Tucker Boulevard. Nearly 500 feet later at the 1st cross street, turn right onto Spruce Street. Few hundred feet later turn left onto S 13th Street and the RAY Building will be on the left.
West on Interstate 64: Head southeast on I-64E and exit through 39A/14th Street exit. Turn left onto S 14th Street, then turn right onto Spruce Street and continue. Make a right turn onto S 13th Street; the RAY Federal Building will be on the left on this road.
North on Interstate 70: Head south on I-70E and exit through Route 64E exit. Keep right and continue through exit 249B and follow the signs for Tucker Boulevard/Downtown/St. Louis. After driving slightly more than a mile keep left at the fork to continue on N Tucker Boulevard. Make a right turn onto Spruce Street; then finally turn left onto S 13th Street and the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
South on Interstate 55: Head northeast on I-55 N and exit through 207B-207C toward Truman Parkway. After exiting, turn right onto Lafayette Avenue then turn left onto S 14th Street until a traffic circle comes up. Continue straight through the circle to stay on S 14th Street, then turn right onto Spruce Street. Finally, turn right onto S 13th Street; the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This federal building provides parking facilities around the building. Metered parking streets are nearby. Sheraton Valet, SP+ Parking are two of the nearest commercial parking facilities located within a walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)