This page provides information about the IRS Office St. Paul location.
IRS Office St. Paul – 430 North Wabasha Street, St. Paul, MN 55101
The IRS Office at St. Paul is located in the city’s tallest building at the heart of St. Paul’s central business district. The building stands 471 feet/37 stories tall. The building goes by the name Wells Fargo Plaza and it was designed by Winsor/Faricy Architects, Inc. and WZMH Architects. The building is a class A office compound wih all modern amenities. There are many state, city and county government buildings, retail stores, diners, museums, theatres etc. nearby. Minnesota Children’s Museum, Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicles, Alliance Bank, Juvenile & Family Justice Center, Minnesota Public Radio, Ecolab Global Headquarters etc. are some of the nearby important locations.
East on 6th Street: Head southwest on East Street and keep left, keep following signs for 6th Street. Continue onto 6th Street and keep on driving for half a mile. Take the middle lane to turn right onto Wabasha Street North. Then, the Wells Fargo Plaza will be on the right.
West on W 5th Street: Head east on 5th Street and keep right, then follow signs for 5th Street. Continue onto W 5th Street and after driving for nearly half a mile turn left onto Wabasha Street North. The Wells Fargo Plaza will be on the right.
North on Interstate 35: Head south on I-35; use the 2nd from left lane to take exit 107A for 10th Street/Wacouta Street. Continue straight onto Wacouta Street. Take a right turn onto 6th Street, then use the middle lane to turn right onto Wabasha Street. The Wells Fargo Plaza will be on the right.
South on E Lafayette Frontage Road: Commuters from the St. Paul Downtown Airport and adjacent areas need to take this way. Head north on E Lafayette Frontage Road toward Plato Boulevard. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Plato Boulevard, then turn right onto Wabasha Street South. Continue for a while, then the Wells Fargo Plaza will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (651) 312-8082
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The Wells Fargo Plaza offers ample car parking space. Commercial parking spaces like the World Trade Center Parking Ramp are located nearby as well.
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory at the IRS entrance for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments