IRS Office Staten Island (Virtual Assistance)
This page provides information about the virtually assisted IRS services provided for the Staten Island residents.
IRS Office Staten Island
For the residents of Staten Island, New York the Internal Revenue Service taxpaying and filing services are provided virtually. The process is similar to meeting with an IRS walk in representative, except it’s not face-to-face but through a computer. An IRS employee might provide all necessary IRS services by sitting at a remote office. However, appointment still needs to be made in order to be allocated with a time slot for the virtual meeting.
Thursday and Friday 9 am – 4 pm.
Appointment: (844) 545 – 5640
Services are provided by appointment-only basis.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Tax Topics)
- Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail