This page provides information about the IRS Office Staunton location.
IRS Office Staunton – 1600 N. Coalter Street, Staunton, VA 24401.
The Staunton IRS Office is located in an office rental agency’s space, called V-K Properties. These cottage style offices are quite spacious; the offices in this compound other than IRS are US Social Security Administration, LearningRx – Staunton-Harrisonburg, JG Wentworth Home Lending and Shenandoah Dermatology. Some of the nearby locations include Elmore, Hupp & Company, Betheseda Physical Therapy & Wellness, Christ Evangelical Lutheran, F&M Bank etc. The IRS Office in Staunton is located near the College Park, only a few minutes’ of drive away from the downtown.
East on I-64: Head west on I-64W and take exit 87 for Interstate 81 toward Staunton/Winchester. Drive and merge onto I-81, then take exit 222 for US-250 toward Staunton/Fisherville. After a while, turn right onto US-250 and follows signs for Staunton. After a mile and half, turn right onto Statler Boulevard. Take a right turn onto North Coalter Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Churchville Avenue: Head south on US-250 toward State Route 721. Take a left turn onto Donaghe Street, then after half a mile turn right onto Lambert Street. Notice signs and turn left onto North Augusta Street, then turn right again onto Taylor Street. Finally, turn left onto Coalter Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on I-81: Head southwest on I-81. Take exit 225 toward Woodrow Wilson Parkway and keep right at the fork. Continue until Commerce Road, then turn left onto it. After a while, turn right onto Augusta Street. Quarter to a mile later make a left turn onto Coalter Street and the IRS Office will be on the right on this street.
South on I-81: Head northeast on I-81 and take exit 225 for VA-262. First take a left turn onto VA-262 and then another left turn onto Commerce Road. Turn right onto North Augusta Street then continue for a while and take a final left turn onto Coalter Street. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break at noon from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (540) 609-6058
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides a wide-open public parking facility for the visitors to this compound.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments