This page provides information about the IRS Office Syracuse location.
IRS Office Syracuse – One Park Place, 300 South State Street, Syracuse, NY 13202.
The IRS Office at Syracuse is located next to the Firefighter’s Memorial Park. The office is near Onondaga Historical Association, Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, Syracuse Police Department, New York State Office Building and Syracuse City Hall.
East on East Genesee Street: Head west on East Genesee Street toward South Crouse Avenue and turn right onto South State Street. After a while, the destination will be on the left.
West on West Fayette Street: Head east on West Fayette Street toward South West Street. Turn right onto South State Street and destination will be on the right.
North on North State Street: Head southeast on North State Street toward Hickory Street. The destination will be on the right.
South on South State Street: Head north on South State Street toward New Street. The destination will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch 1-2 pm. Follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Syracuse IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Metered parking is available around the Syracuse IRS office. Also, commercial parking lots are available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
2 thoughts on “IRS Office Syracuse”
Called IRS at 1-267-941-1000 and was kindly provided with number 844-545-5640 to call to make an appointment to see someone in the office in Syracuse. However, there is a message saying that the call cannot be completed from our region, which is Canada. Could we possibly get a number for people to call from a different country? Thanks
Cood luck, Denis. I have not been successful either.