This page provides information about the IRS Office Tacoma location.
IRS Office Tacoma – 1201 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
Tacoma IRS Office is located in Downtown Pacific Avenue business center in the Wells Fargo Plaza building. This is a 25-story office building space located in the heart of the downtown business community at Tacoma. The occupants in the office get to have a panoramic view of the Puget Sound including the mountains, bay, waterway and the building’s two-level courtyard and fountain. Nearby locations and amenities to this office are the University of Washington, Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center etc. Some important offices in this office building are Dickson Frohlich, Rhona Haunter – Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., Tacoma Porta Potty Rental Pros, Sound Immigration, Timeshare Exit Team – Tacoma, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage etc.
East on 11th Street: Head west on South 11th Street/Murray Morgan Bridge toward Murray Morgan Bridge Stairs. Continue to follows the 11th Street. Then after quarter miles, turn left onto Pacific Avenue. Keep going until the Wells Fargo Plaza is seen on the left.
West on 19th Street: Head east on 19th Street toward South Sprague Avenue. Take a left turn onto Tacoma Avenue South and continue driving until 13th Street. Then, turn right onto 13th Street and continue. Then turn onto Pacific Avenue; the IRS Office (Wells Fargo Plaza) will be on the right.
North on Schuster Parkway: Head southeast on North Schuster Parkway toward South 4th Street. Keep right to continue on Pacific Avenue. The Wells Fargo Plaza will be on the left.
South on Interstate 705: While driving on Interstate 5, continue to Pacific Avenue and merge onto Interstate 705. Take the A Street exit from Interstate 705, then turn right onto Pacific Avenue. The Wells Fargo Plaza will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (253) 428-3518
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The Well Fargo Plaza parking is maintained by Republic Parking Northwest, Inc. and they charge $6 per 2 hours. The nearby commercial parking lots are at 1301 A Street with 60 spots ($4 per 2 hours) and Pacific Plaza with 381 spots ($2 per 2 hours). All these commercial parking lots/garages are within walking distance.
All public visitors must walk through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued ID is mandatory for identity and appointment confirmation.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)