This page provides information about the IRS Office Traverse City location.
IRS Office Traverse City – 2040 N. US 31 South, Traverse City, MI 49685
Surrounded by a sea beach, shooting ranges and natural parks; the IRS Office in Traverse City is located more in a tourist zone than a business area. Paying a visit to this IRS Office will certainly get the visitors a sightseeing vibe – that’s one positive impression actually. There are inns and diners all around; Traverse Bay Inn, Ruby Tuesday, Red Mesa Grill, Bob Evans, Don’s Drive-In, Sugar Beach Resort etc. are to name a few.
Northeast on Munson Avenue: Head southwest on US-31 toward Holiday Road. The IRS Office will be before the left turn onto Four Mile Road, keep eyes on the signs.
West on US-31N: Head east on US-31N toward East Lane. After cross Four Mile Road, the IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Four Mile Road: Head north on Four Mile Road toward Winter Ridge Drive. After reaching the end, turn right onto US-31N. The IRS Office should be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break at noon from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (231) 932-2192
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
On-premises public parking facility is offered for the visitors to this place.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments