This page provides information about the IRS Office Trenton location.
IRS Office Trenton – One State St. Square, 50 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608
The Trenton IRS Office is located in an office building at downtown Trenton with few other federal offices. Some of them are New Jersey Department of Treasury, Division of Pension and Benefits and Associated Press; and Hospital Alliance of New Jersey is another major office located in this building. This building is managed by Government Properties Income Trust and it was constructed in 1988. The building is Energy Star labeled for its efficient power consumption nature. Some nearby locations are Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services, New Jersey Division of Taxation, Thomas Edison State University, Public Service Electric and Gas Company and Law and Public Safety Department.
East on State Street: Head south toward East State Street. Look out for State Street signs and upon arrival at the location, turn right onto this road. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on State Street: Head east on West State Street toward Green Place. Notice for IRS Office signs. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Warren Street: Head south on Warren Street toward Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park Trail. Continue for a while and turn right onto West State Street. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
South on South Broad Street: Head northwest on South Broad Street toward Market Street. Continue for quarter miles then turn left onto East State Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (609) 989-0533
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No on-premises public parking facility is available. The office building is surrounded by metered parking streets and commercial parking lots are available within walking distance as well.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is mandatory to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)