This page provides information about the IRS Office Utica location.
IRS Office Utica – 10 Broad Street, Utica, NY 13501.
The IRS Office at Utica is located close to Oriskany Street East highway. Hotel Utica, Kids Oneida, Jetnet, Utica Coffee Roasting Company etc. are the few known establishments located around the office.
East on Broad Street: Head southeast on NY-5S East and take the exit toward Culver Avenue. Turn right onto Broad Street and turn left onto Oriskany Street East. Take a right turn onto Catherine Street, then another right onto Franklin Square. The destination will be on the right.
West on Oriskany Street West: Head east on Oriskany Street West then turn right onto Jay Street. Make another left turn to stay on Jay Street, then make a left turn onto John Street. Turn left at the 2nd cross street onto Catherine Street. Make a right turn at the first cross street onto Franklin Square.
North on Interstate 790 West: Take the I-790W and NY-5S East/Oriskany Street West to Jay Street. Continue on Jay Street. Take John Street to Franklin Square.
South on Genesee Street: Head northeast on Genesee Street toward Noyes Street. Continue straight on the upcoming traffic circle and turn right onto Catherine Street. Turn left to stay on Catherine Street and after a while, turn left at the first cross street onto Franklin Square. The destination will be on the right.\
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one hour lunch break at noon, during 1 pm – 2 pm.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Utica IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots are available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments