This page provides information about the IRS Office Van Nuys location.
IRS Office Van Nuys – 6230 Van Nuys Boulevard, Van Nuys, CA 91401.
Van Nuys IRS Office is located in the James C. Corman Federal Building which is close to several other important installations like the Northwest District Superior Court, Van Nuys City Hall, Los Angeles Police Department and few municipal buildings. The building features a painted steel sculpture Highline by artists Lyman Kipp. Major tenants on this building are Federal Protective Service, US Department of State, Defense Contract Audit Agency, US Marine Corps etc.
East on US-101: Stay on Ventura Freeway and head west. Take the exit 17 for Van Nuys Road. Turn left onto Van Nuys Boulevard and after almost 2 miles, the IRS office will be on the right.
West on US-101: Stay on Ventura Freeway and take the exit 17 for Van Nuys Road. Turn left onto Van Nuys Boulevard.
North on Interstate 405: head south on Interstate 405 and take the exit 65 toward Victory Boulevard. Turn left onto Haskell Avenue using any lane, then turn left onto Victory Boulevard. Make a right turn onto Van Nuys Boulevard.
South on Interstate 405: Stay on San Diego Freeway heading north and take the exit 64 for Burbank Boulevard. Turn right onto Burbank Boulevard, then turn left onto Van Nuys Boulevard.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Nine GSA contractor and federal employee visitor parking spaces are available on the west side of the building. General visitors might have to park in the metered parking streets nearby. A city public parking facility is at 14517 Erwin Street, within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.
9 thoughts on “IRS Office Van Nuys”
How do I schedule an appointment? Or can I walk in?
You have to call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment. All local TAC offices require an appointment.
Why is there no option to schedule an appointment online? DMV has it, why not IRS?
If I’m just 5 minutes away for the IRS office can walk in just ask questions???
You have to make an appointment. There are some offices that will be open on Saturdays without appointment but Van Nuys is not on the list. https://www.irs.gov/help/irs-face-to-face-saturday-help