***The IRS has temporarily closed all Taxpayer Assistance Centers and discontinued face-to-face service throughout the country until further notice. The IRS is continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible. ***
This page provides information about the IRS office Waco location.
IRS Office Waco – 6801 Sanger Ave. Waco, TX 76710
This IRS office is located in suite 1000 in the Sandstone Executive Plaza in Waco, TX.
The Sandstone Executive Plaza is located at the corner of Sanger Ave and Bowden St, right off of W Hwy 6. It is near the Richmond Hills neighborhood.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 1:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.)
*subject to federal holiday schedule
Phone: (254) 741-2312
Abundant free parking is available.
Since this is a commercial building, there might not be security as with IRS offices located inside federal buildings.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Waco IRS office, call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Tax forms (based on availability)