This page provides information about the IRS Office Waterbury location.
IRS Office Waterbury – 14 Cottage Place, Waterbury, CT 06702
The Waterbury city IRS Office is located in the busiest downtown area. It is the US Federal Courthouse building for this city, therefore there are a good number of other federal offices here. Other than IRS, the United States Postal Services, Waterbury Postal Employees Federation are the notable tenants and US District Courthouse is the major tenant at this location. Close to this location, there are federal offices, posh hotels, restaurants, non-federal offices, business locations etc. Some of them are Waterbury Vital Statistics, Waterbury Town Clerk’s Office, Waterbury Parking Authority, Waterbury Probate Court, Webster Bank, Waterbury Public Schools, Courtyard by Marriott Waterbury Downtown, Greyhound: Bus Stop, Waterbury City, Judicial District – Juvenile, Waterbury Courthouse etc.
East on Meriden Road: Head west on Meriden Road toward Granger Street. Take a slight left turn onto Woodtick Road, then continue onto Meriden Road. Keep driving and continue onto Silver Street Expressway. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Union Street. Continue onto Grand Street from Union Street, then make a final left turn onto Cottage Place. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Park Road: Take Park Road to Ledgeside Avenue. Then turn right onto Ledgeside Avenue and continue driving on Highland Avenue. Take the Interstate 84 and leave through Exit 22 to Cottage Place. Continue for one and a half miles, then turn left onto Cottage Place. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on CT-8S/James H Darcey Memorial Highway: Take CT-8S and Exit-31 to Market Square. Get on the I-84E and leave through Exit 22. Take S Main Street and Grand Street to Cottage Place, the IRS Office will be on the right.
South on CT-8N/James H Darcey Memorial Highway: Take CT-8N to Market Square. Take exit 22 from Interstate 84 East and after one and a half miles, take S Main Street and Grand Street to Cottage Place. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (203) 596-4727
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The on-premises public parking is reserved for tenant offices/agencies. There are metered/non-metered street parking arrangements adjacent to the building, and few commercial parking lots are within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through several electronic security equipment checkpoints. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments