This page provides information about the IRS Office Wheeling location.
IRS Office Wheeling – 1100 Main Street, Wheeling, WV 26003
The Wheeling IRS Office is located near the Wheeling Heights neighborhood.
East on Interstate 70: Head west on Interstate 70 West, and leave the highway using exit 1A for WV-2/Main Street towards Downtown. Take a left turn onto WV-2S/Main Street (follow signs for Downtown). Continue straight onto Main Street, and after a while the IRS Office compound will be on the left.
West on Virginia Street: Head east on Virginia Street toward S Broadway Street. At the cross-street of Main Street and 10th Street, take a right turn onto Main Street. After a while, the IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Main Street: Head south on Main Street towards Main Street Terrace. Keep driving through, and after 10th Street cross-street, the IRS Office will be on the left on Main Street.
South on Main Street: Head north on Main Street toward 21st Street, which would eventually turn right and become 16th Street/Greater Wheeling Trail. Upon arrival, turn left onto Market Street and half a mile later, turn left again onto 10th Street. Few hundred feet later, turn left at the 1st cross-street onto Main Street.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (304) 232-8931
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Wheeling IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
There is parking on-premises. There is also street parking around the corner and commercial parking within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening processes. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments