This page provides information about the IRS Office White Plains location.
IRS Office White Plains – 210 East Post Road, White Plains, NY 10601
East on Maple Avenue: Head west on Maple Avenue toward Hale Avenue. Use the right lane to turn slightly right to stay on Maple Avenue, then turn right onto South Broadway. After a few hundred feet, turn left onto East Post Road where the destination will be on the right.
West on East Post Road: Head northeast on East Post Road toward Mamaroneck Avenue. The IRS Office will be located on the left.
North on Mitchell Pl: Head south on Mamaroneck Avenue toward Martine Avenue and turn left onto Mitchell Pl. Make another immediate turn toward right onto South Broad. Continue onto East Post Road where the destination will be on the right.
South on Mamaroneck Avenue: Head north on Mamaroneck Avenue toward Maple Avenue and turn right onto East Post Road. The IRS Office will be located on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch 1-2 pm. Follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the White Plains IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
There is free parking available on a first come first served basis. Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots are available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments