This page provides information about the IRS Office Wilmington location.
IRS Office Wilmington – 3340 Jaeckle Drive, Wilmington, NC 28403
The property where IRS Office Wilmington is located in a commercial building – “The Randall Building.”
East on Randall Parkway: Head west on Randall Parkway toward Campus Cove. Then, turn right onto Brailsford Drive, then turn right again onto Jaeckle Drive.
West on Market Street: Head east on Market Street toward Colonial Drive. Take a right turn onto Covil Avenue, then turn left onto Randall Parkway. After a while, turn left onto Brailsford Drive. Finally, take a right turn onto Jaeckle Drive.
North on Kerr Avenue: Head south on Kerr Avenue toward Market Street. Turn right onto Emerson Street. Continue onto Burnt Mill Drive for a while then turn left onto Jaeckle Drive.
South on Independence Boulevard: Head northeast on Independence Boulevard toward Park Avenue. Take a right turn onto Randall Parkway, then turn left onto Brailsford Drive. Few hundred feet later, turn right onto Jaeckle Drive.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch noon – 1pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Wilmington IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
On-premises public parking is available for visitors.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for identity and appointment validation.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
1 thought on “IRS Office Wilmington”
We had a scheduled appt, drive 2 hours, to be told the office was closed, everyone was sick! We have been trying to make another appt and talk to someone for over a month now. We need desperately to speak to someone.