This page provides information about the IRS Office Worcester location.
IRS Office Worcester – 120 Front Street, Worcester, MA 01608
The Worcester IRS Office is located in a low rise office building complex called the Mercantile Center Worcester. Some of the nearby business and federal office locations are Worcester District Registry of Deeds, CVS, United Bank, Worcester City Hall etc.
East on Shrewsbury Street: Head southwest on Shrewsbury Street toward Leo Turo Way. Up ahead there will be a traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Front Street. Take the middle lane to turn left onto Foster Street, continue then turn right onto Franklin Street. Continue driving on this road then turn right onto Church Street. The shorter Mercantile Center will be on the right.
West on Pleasant Street: Head east on Pleasant Street toward Clinton Street. Continue onto Front Street for a quarter mile. Finally take a right turn onto Church Street and the IRS Office (Mercantile Center) will be on the left.
North on Main Street: Head south on Main Street toward Thomas Street. Take a right turn onto Front Street for quarter miles, then turn right onto Church Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Southbridge Street: Head northeast on Southbridge Street toward Jack Street. Continue onto Francis J. McGrath Boulevard. 300 feet later, turn left onto Myrtle Street. Continue for a while then turn right onto Salem Street. Continue onto Church Street, the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch from noon – 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This tower has parking facility, although none might be available for visitors. The nearest public parking facility is the Commercial Street Garage, only a block away from the office.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments