There are several ways to make an IRS payment.
Make an IRS payment online
You can pay with your bank account for free or use a credit card or debit card (processing fee charged).
Option 1: Make a payment using your bank account
Direct Pay is available during the following hours:
- Monday to Saturday: Midnight to 11:45 p.m. ET
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. ET
Option 2: Pay using a debit card or credit card.
Make an IRS payment with a check or money order
Make your check or money order out to U.S. Treasury.
Be sure to put the following information is on your check. You can include it on the memo line.
- Your name and address
- Daytime phone number
- Social security number (primary’s if jointly filed)
- Tax year(s)
- Tax form or notice number (e.g., Form 1040)
Mail the payment as follows:
- If you are paying for taxes owed on a payment plan or a return you filed, then see the below address under “where to mail IRS payments.”
- If you’re paying taxes owed on a notice that you received, then send it to the address on the notice.
Where to mail IRS payments
[table id=1 /]