This page provides information about the IRS Office Muncie location.
IRS Office Muncie – 225 N. High Street, Muncie, IN 47305
The Muncie IRS Office is located in an over 50 year’s old office building complex. This is a 2-story building with a lot size of 15,681 Sqft. The total area inside the building is 20,000 square feet. The brick and block exterior type provides the building with a vintage look. For ventilation, central cooling system has been installed. Tenants at this location are – Anthony Wayne Services, Delaware County Corrections, Jackson & Oglesby Law LLC, Ronald K Smith (Personal Injury Attorney) and Wilson Alan K (Attorney). There are some federal and non-federal offices, business locations and diners close to this place. Some of them are – Delaware County Justice Center, Delaware County Court Administration, Muncie City Court, Jeffer’s Driving Academy, Delaware County Health Department etc.
East on Main Street: Head west on E Jackson Street toward Cardinal Greenway. Continue onto E Main Street then continue straight to stay on E Main Street. After a while turn right onto N Franklin Street. At the 2nd cross street ahead turn right onto W Gilbert Street. Then finally turn right onto N High Street; the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
West on Riverside Avenue: Head east on W Riverside Avenue toward N Riley Road. Take a right turn onto Wheeling Avenue, then continue onto N High Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on US-35 Highway: Follow through US-35S, E Jackson Street and E Main Street to W Gilbert Street in Muncie. Then continue on W Gilbert Street Drive to N High Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on W 15th Street: Head north on S Walnut Street toward W 14th Street. Take the 2nd exit at the traffic circle and drive straight on S Walnut Street. Little while later turn left onto W Main Street, then shortly afterwards turn right onto N Franklin Street. Then turn right again onto W Gilbert Street at the 2nd cross street. Finally turn right onto N High Street; the IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (765) 216-0570
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office has on-premises parking facility for the visitors to this compound. Metered parking streets are adjacent to the building.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
· Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
· Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
· Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
· Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
· Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
· Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
· Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
· Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
· Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
· Payment arrangements
· Payments (check or money order only)
· Procedural inquiries
· Solutions to tax issues
· Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments