This page provides information about the IRS Office Terre Haute location.
IRS Office Terre Haute – 801 Wabash Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47807
The IRS Office at Terre Haute is located close to Indiana State University and Greyhound: Bus Station is located just opposite to this place. The IRS Office is situated in an office building that was built in 2001 on a total inside floor area of 15,120 square feet. Hilliard Lyons is the other tenant apart from IRS at this property. There are some important locations nearby, to name a few – Terre Haute Children’s Museum, Wabash Valley Hotel Partners, Old National Bank, WTHI-TV, Morris Plan, Thompson Thrift Development etc.
East on Wabash Avenue: Head west on Wabash Avenue toward N 11th Street. The IRS Office compound will be on the left.
West on Ohio Street: Head east on Ohio Street toward 161st Street/Penn Central Railroad Street. Turn left onto S 3rd Street/S US Highway 41. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Wabash Avenue. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
North on N 7th Street: Head south on N 7th Street toward Eagle Street. Then turn left onto Wabash Street and continue. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on S 13th Street: Head north on S 13th Street toward Oak Street. Then turn left at the 3rd cross street onto Walnut Street. Half a mile later, turn right onto S 9th Street. Finally take a left turn at the 2nd cross street onto Wabash Avenue.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break at noon from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (812) 233-6060
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
A tiny on-premises parking is offered for the visitors to this office. In case the spots are all taken up, there’s a parking lot behind WTHI-TV office. Street parking is available adjacent to the building.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government ID is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments