IRS Office Austin

IRS Office Austin – 825 E. Rundberg Ln, Austin, TX 78753

Irs Office Austin. This IRS office is located in North Austin in the Rundberg Square Shopping Center. It is located at 825 E. Rundberg Ln, Austin, TX 78753, on the corner of I-35 and E. Rundberg Ln.


Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM*
*follows federal holiday schedule

Contact Info

Phone: (512) 499-5127

How to make an appointment

If you require face-to-face service at the Austin IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.

Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.


Limited parking is available in the Rundberg Square parking lot.


All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.


  • Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
  • Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
  • Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
  • Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
  • Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
  • Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
  • Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
  • Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
  • Payment arrangements
  • Payments (check or money order only)
  • Procedural inquiries
  • Solutions to tax issues
  • Tax forms (based on availability)

*Does not accept cash payments

Since information on our page might have changed, we recommend that you confirm office information at the IRS's office locator tool before visiting the IRS office.

19 thoughts on “IRS Office Austin”

  1. i’m a foreign seller, the buyer payed to IRS 25.500 dollar . FIRPTA.
    How can i get a refund. I’ do not have a ITIN .
    what can i do?

    • You have to file a U.S. tax return for the year you sold the property to get credit for the withholding.

      “If you are a nonresident alien individual and you do not have a TIN, but are eligible for an ITIN, you can apply for an ITIN by attaching the completed Form 8288-B to a completed Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, and forwarding the package to the IRS at the address given in the Form W-7 instructions. If the transferor sends Forms 8288 and 8288-A to the IRS for processing but does not list a TIN on the forms and does not attach a Form W-7, the IRS will process the forms, but will not date stamp Form 8288-A “Copy B Mailed” or forward it to the foreign transferor. Instead, the IRS will mail Letter 3794 SC/CG to the foreign transferor, instructing the transferor to apply for an ITIN by filing Form W-7.”


Feel free to leave a comment. DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION, as your comment will be shared on