This page provides information about the IRS Office Charleston WV location.
IRS Office Charleston WV – 161 Court Street, Charleston, WV 25301
The IRS Office at Charleston, West Virginia is located beside the Court Street road, in a closer distance to many other prominent federal and non-federal offices, business locations, diners, educational institutes, churches etc. The IRS Office building has a brick façade with glass exterior paneling, the building is quite easy to find. Some of the remarkable locations nearby are St George Orthodox Church, Charleston Social Security, Wells Fargo Advisors, Kanawha County Magistrate Court, Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse, Charleston Municipal Court, Slack Plaza and Charleston Transit Mall etc. This IRS Office location is close to the Elk River and Kanawha River flowing nearby. The Yeager Airport is only 10 minutes driving distance away from this IRS Office.
Northeast on I-77S: Visitors from or nearby the Yeager Airport should take this way. Drive on the I-77S to US-119S/Bigley Avenue in Charleston. Depart the I-77S using exit 101, then take Pennsylvania S and Virginia Street W to Court Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
East on Interstate 64: Head west on I-64/I-77N and depart the interstate through the exit 100 for Leon Sullivan Way. Quarter miles later, turn right onto Quarrier Street. After a while, turn right onto Court Street and the IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Interstate 64: Head east on I-64 East. Leave the interstate by using exit 58B for Virginia Street toward Civic Center. After a while, merge onto Virginia Street West/Virginia Street Bridge and continue to follow the Virginia Street West. Then, upon arrival, turn left onto Court Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Southwest on US-119: Head northeast on Corridor G toward Hickory Road. Take a left turn onto US-119 North and keep driving. At the fork ahead, keep right and follow signs for I-64 East. Eventually, merge onto I-64 East and leave the highway using exit 58B for Virginia Street toward Civic Center. The road merges onto Virginia Street West, keep driving until Court Street, then turn left onto Court Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (304) 561-3086
Appointment: (844) 545-56
This office provides public/private parking facility for the visitors and employees. Commercial parking lots/garages are also available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)