This page provides information about the IRS Office Jacksonville location.
IRS Office Jacksonville – 400 West Bay Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202
IRS Building at Jacksonville is located on the Charles E Bennett Federal Building. This is a 11-storied low-rise building at Jacksonville. The building was renovated at 2004 by Skanska, a construction firm. The construction of the building goes way back to 1996. There are several federal agencies located on this building like the Department of Labor, Department of Housing Urban Development and of course, the IRS. The building is named after a Florida state legislator and member of the United States House of Representatives from 1949 to 1993.
East on East Adams Street: Head northwest on FL-228 and take the left lane to merge onto East Adams Street. Turn left onto Main Street North and use the right 2 lanes to turn right at the 2nd cross street onto West Bay Street. The destination will be located on the left.
West on West Forsyth Street: Head east on West Forsyth Street toward Stuart Street and turn right onto North Pearl Street. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto West Bay Street where the destination will be on the left.
North on Main Street North: Head south on Main Street North toward Orange Street and use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto West Bay Street. The destination will be located on the left.
South on FL-13: Head northwest on FL-13 North and exit onto Water Street. Turn left onto South Pearl Street and turn left onto West Bay Street where the destination will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
No parking available for public visitors. Metered parking streets surround the building. There are many commercial parking lots nearby, price starting at $2/hours.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.