This page provides information about the IRS Office Portland location.
IRS Office Portland – 1220 SW Third Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
The IRS Office at Portland city, Oregon is located in the Edith Green-Wendell Wyatt Federal Building, named after Congresswoman Edith Green.
East on Madison Street via SW Hawthorne Bridge: Head west on SE Madison Street. Keep left on this road to continue on SW Hawthorne Bridge. After departing the bridge, continue onto SW Main Street. At SW 3rd Avenue, turn left. The Federal Building will be on the left.
West on Market Street: Head east and continue onto SW Market Street. Then turn left onto SW 4th Avenue. Quarter miles later, turn right onto SW Madison Street, then turn right at the 1st cross-street onto SW 3rd Avenue. The Federal Building will be on the left.
North on SW Alder Street and SW 3rd Avenue: Head south on I-405 and leave through exit 2A for Couch Street toward Burnside Street. Then, continue onto NW 15th Avenue. Turn left onto SW Alder Street and continue for half a mile before turning right onto SW 3rd Avenue. The Federal Building will be on the left on this road.
South on SW Naito Parkway: Head north on SW Naito Parkway/Pacific Highway W toward SW Hooker Street. Take a left turn onto SW Jefferson Street, quarter mile later turn right onto SW 4th Avenue. At the first cross-street after this, turn right onto SW Madison Street. Turn right again at the first cross-street onto SW 3rd Avenue. The Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Portland IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Metered street parking is available. There are also commercial parking spots nearby. First & Main – Lot # 108 and 1400 SW 4th Avenue – Lot # 121 are within walking distance and SmartPark 1st & Jefferson is just next to the Federal Building.
Public visitors may need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)