This page provides information about the IRS Office San Francisco Location
IRS Office San Francisco – 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102.
The IRS Office at San Francisco is located at the Civic Center area of San Francisco. IRS Office San Francisco is located at the Philip Burton Federal Building and US Courthouse. The major tenants occupying this building are US District Court, US Marshals Service, FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission etc. The building was established in 1964 and named after a former US Congressman and it is 20 storied long.
East on Interstate 80: On Dwight D. Eisenhower Highway, take the 9th Street to Larkin Street. Then, continue on Larkin Street and turn onto Golden Gate Avenue on the right. The Federal Building should be located on the left.
West on Geary Boulevard: Head east towards 12th Avenue and keep on the left lane. Take the right turn onto Gough Street after half a mile and then turn left onto Golden Gate Avenue. The location will be located on the left.
North on US-101, Doyle Drive: Head east on US-101 and turn right onto Scott Street. After almost a mile, turn left onto Bush Street and after another half a mile, turn right onto Gough Street. Continue on Gough Street then turn left onto Golden Gate Avenue, destination will be on the left.
South on US-101, James Lick Freeway: Head Northwest on US-101 and take either of the right 2 lanes to take the Mission Street Exit. Continue on this road and follow the signs for South Van Ness Avenue, onto a slight left turn. Turn Right onto Golden Gate Avenue.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
General public parking is not available at the premises. Garages and parking lots are located nearby on Larkin Street, Turk Street and the Civic Center at McAlister Street. Also, metered parking is available at close proximity.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
ADA access is available at two entrances – Turk Street and Golden Gate Avenue.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.