IRS Office San Francisco
This page provides information about the IRS Office San Francisco Location
IRS Office San Francisco – 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102.
The IRS Office at San Francisco is located at the Civic Center area of San Francisco. IRS Office San Francisco is located at the Philip Burton Federal Building and US Courthouse. The major tenants occupying this building are US District Court, US Marshals Service, FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission etc. The building was established in 1964 and named after a former US Congressman and it is 20 storied long.
East on Interstate 80: On Dwight D. Eisenhower Highway, take the 9th Street to Larkin Street. Then, continue on Larkin Street and turn onto Golden Gate Avenue on the right. The Federal Building should be located on the left.
West on Geary Boulevard: Head east towards 12th Avenue and keep on the left lane. Take the right turn onto Gough Street after half a mile and then turn left onto Golden Gate Avenue. The location will be located on the left.
North on US-101, Doyle Drive: Head east on US-101 and turn right onto Scott Street. After almost a mile, turn left onto Bush Street and after another half a mile, turn right onto Gough Street. Continue on Gough Street then turn left onto Golden Gate Avenue, destination will be on the left.
South on US-101, James Lick Freeway: Head Northwest on US-101 and take either of the right 2 lanes to take the Mission Street Exit. Continue on this road and follow the signs for South Van Ness Avenue, onto a slight left turn. Turn Right onto Golden Gate Avenue.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (415) 553-8990
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
General public parking is not available at the premises. Garages and parking lots are located nearby on Larkin Street, Turk Street and the Civic Center at McAlister Street. Also, metered parking is available at close proximity.
All visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment located on the first floor. Security personnel needs valid government-issued IDs for granting access. ADA access is available at two entrances – Turk Street and Golden Gate Avenue.
A visitor needs to take prior appointment by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments